Touring and Studio drummer for Ages Apart, David Curtis is known for his dynamic drumming. He is a seasoned international professional drummer and sideman. Originally from Warrington, Cheshire in England he moved to America in 2006 and currently resides in Birmingham, Alabama.
David records drums at BLP Recording Studios with music producer Cody Webb (Ages Apart).
David teaches drums at Guitar Center in Hoover, AL as well as at his home studio. He is very passionate about teaching and sharing the knowledge and passion with his students.
- David was selected by The Prince’s Trust (Prince Charles Trust) to play concerts in South Africa along side The Spice Girls, Billy Ocean, Bruce Dickinson, Trevor Rabin, Omar and many more artists. Played in front of 35,000 people and televised.
- Recorded drums on a studio album in the UK for singer/songwriter Miles Grayam.
- In 2005, David was approached by Guitar Center and asked to be a judge for their ‘Annual Drum-Off competitions.
- David has done session work in and around London, Los Angeles, and Europe.
- Legendary Drummer Carmine Appice (Rod Stewart, Vanilla Fudge) asked David to be his drum-clinic agent.
- David has played drums for different Churches in the US and UK.
- Attended and performed in-depth music workshops at Edinburgh University (Scotland), Westminster University (London) and Ayrshire with the Prince’s Trust (Prince Charles Trust).
- David has excellent sight-reading skills, is very comfortable playing with a click-track and can transcribe charts/music quickly when required.
- David’s cousin, Steven Roberts, is a famous conductor and has conducted many artists throughout the world including one of the 3 Tenors Jose Carreras.